- This event has passed.
Shanghai Ghetto Memory Events
August 15, 2013 - August 16, 2013
In recognition of the 70th Anniversary of the “Designated Area For Stateless Refugees” (commonly known as the Shanghai Ghetto) established February 18, 1943 and in conjunction with the World’s Fair of Money, the Foundation will be hosting educational events. Shanghai Ghetto survivors from all over the USA will be present to meet invited guests at the Fair and share their stories. Keynote speakers: will include:
August 15th: Steve Hochstadt author of the book, Exodus To Shanghai
August 16th: Ms. Manli Ho, daughter of Dr. Ho Feng-Shan. Dr. Ho was responsible for efforts in issuing entry visas to Shanghai that were used to facilitate the escape of Jewish refugees as China’s Consul General to Vienna prior to the start of WWII.
– Life in the Shanghai Ghetto – Chicago Tribune
– China Was Unlikely Haven for Holocaust Refugees – Carmel Pine Cone
– Survivors of Shanghai Ghetto Honored in Rosemount – Daily Herald
– Holocaust Refugees Who Fled to China Reunite at Banquet – SunTimes
– Shanghai Ghetto Survivors to Tour Illinois Holocaust Museum – SunTimes
– Big Weekend with Shnaghia Refugees – Weekly Press Pakistan – Canada
– The Whole World Had Shut the Door to Them – Middle East North Africa
– PDF download of media listings
For more details, contact Danny Spungen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key Event & Project Partners
Generous Event Sponsors