Below is a representative sample of our current grantmaking.
- COAST Caregiver Resource Center Santa Barbara, CA To deliver meaningful information and coaching to family caregivers regarding the physical, emotional, psychological, social, legal and financial challenges of caregivers.
- Family Service Agency Santa Barbara, CA To conduct an annual caregiver awareness campaign in South Santa Barbara County, and to provide additional Caregiver Mental Health and Case Management/ Resources Support Hours to Family Caregivers
- Family Service of Lake County Highland Park, IL To meet Caregiver needs for resources, respite, and other supportive interventions
- Sharsheret Teaneck, NJ For the Florence & Laurence Spungen Family Foundation Family Focus® Program, which responds to the needs of the caregivers, free of charge, accessible from home, and customized for each caregiver, featuring 1-on-1 counseling, and caregiver information kits with resources that explain diagnosis and treatment
- Basser Center for BRCA / University of Pennsylvania Medical Philadelphia, PA To advance care of individuals living with BRCA1 and BRCA2 gene mutations, specifically by supporting Community Outreach work including the 2-day annual Basser Center Scientific Symposium “Recent Advances in Breast and Ovarian Cancer Genetics”.
- Cancer Foundation of Santa Barbara Santa Barbara, CA To expand community awareness about BRCA genetics and the importance of genetic counseling
- J-Screen Atlanta, GA To create a new educational program with a focus on BRCA hereditary breast and ovarian cancer in the Ashkenazi Jewish Community
- The Norton & Elaine Sarnoff Center for Jewish Genetics Chicago, IL To launch a Genetic Health Education Initiative to conduct hereditary cancer awareness and education among community members and health care professionals, emphasizing BRCA1 and BRCA2 related cancers in the Jewish community.
- CANDLES Holocaust Museum and Education Center Terre Haute, IN General Operating Support
Shared Interest Grants
- B’nai Tikvah Deerfield, IL Florence and Laurence Spungen Memorial Movie Series
- Canary Foundation Redwood City, CA Early Detection of Ovarian Cancer
- Children’s Oncology Services Chicago, IL For One Step Summer Camp Program and the Legacy Building Campaign
- Direct Relief Santa Barbara, CA Endowment Fund & General Operating Support
- Doctors Without Walls – Santa Barbara Street Medicine Santa Barbara, CA General Operating Support
- Erie Family Health Center Chicago, IL Support of Erie HealthReach Waukegan Health Center
- Foundation for Jewish Camp New York, NY Camp scholarships for low-to-moderate income families that are part of the disabilities’ initiative
- Hapi Foundation Westlake Village, CA General Operating Support
- Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center Skokie, IL Sponsorship of Tribute Pathway
- Jewish Federation of Greater Santa Barbara Santa Barbara, CA Care Manager for Jewish Family Services
- Journey Care Glenview, IL Unrestricted grant to elevate patient care and sustain vital support systems, including integrative therapies and bereavement counseling
- KESHET Northbrook, IL Support for GADOL Program
- LifeChronicles Santa Barbara, CA Subsidize videotaping interviews of low-income elders & terminally ill
- PADS Lake County Waukegan, IL Homeless Healthcare Access Program
- Santa Barbara Village Santa Barbara, CA General Operating Support
- The ARK Chicago, IL Support for Social Services
- Vitamin Angels Santa Barbara, CA Life Saving Vitamins for At Risk Populations