Concentration Camp Neuengamme; Labor Camp Drütte
Neuengamme, the large concentration camp near Hamburg, opened December 13, 1938, as a sub-camp of Sachsenhausen, and it became independent on June 4, 1940. It was liberated by British armed forces on April 29, 1945. Drütte, near Brunswick, was administered by the Neuengamme commandant, providing slave laborers for a Reichswerke Hermann Göring munitions factory.
Pictured Above: Note that the sender of the February 5, 1943, formular envelope was later a prisoner at the Flossenbürg concentration camp (previous page). The July 13, 1944, waybill accompanied a parcel sent to a Nazi SS guard at Drütte.
Download Frame 2 – Page 14 as a PDF